The Montana Tomato Project and community networking

[the 11 messages below have been moved from Greenies’ thread, sorry for messing up the Timeline-- Julia/moderting]

Oh just read this bit now. So… is the implication here that … oh wait a minute I thought I was understanding for a moment there but I realise I was thinking of exserted stigmas, not exerted stamens. I’m brand new to all this so I don’t want to assume it was the author’s mistake, I’ll wait for clarification… but I thought really it’s the stigmas we are interested in in terms of promiscuity (plus petal size and presentation).

In the meantime, I’ve just realised that @WilliamGrowsTomatoes you’re the (co-?)creator of the ‘exserted orange’ which I have been admiring from afar! I hope one day I have the privilege of growing and tasting that fine looking tomato! (Assuming it might do ok in the UK climate?) I’d love to hear more about that one if you’d like to share, like how you feel about it and how it fits in in the context of the above conversation on taste and climate etc. :slight_smile: