BEST SEED SOURCES FOR LANDRACE SEEDS (Complete List plus useful Websites)

Here is where I get Seeds for my Landrace projects. Feel free to add any new sources!
1) Foodbanks
I got lots of Local Squash & Melon Seeds from Food Banks. Already Gives me local Genetics while getting Free Food, WIN WIN. Not to mention lots of College Breeding Project Rejects get donated to Food banks thus Tapping into someones Breeding Work.

2) Grocery Store
International Grocery Stores are where it’s at! So much Diversity to Discover and Seeds to Obtain for the low low (When Compared to seed packets, plus you also get to taste the fruit). I was able to get New Bean Soup Mixes from different countries, So many Pepper Varieties (Indian, South American, Spanish, etc), Tomarillo, Holy Basil Seeds from the Indian Store, and it just GOES ON AND ON!!!

3) Going To Seed
Epic Website, Seed Grexes, Probably best source period! THANK YOU Going To Seed Team/Comunity!

4) Seed Swaps (Local & Online)
No body in my local area wants to swap seeds but thanks to Online Forums, you can now obtain need genetics for your landraces. Local Gardeners always contain the best adapted to your climate genetics.

5) Seed Websites (Etsy, Ebay, other small Mom & Pop Bussinesses)
I have obtained lots of very Unique Seeds from Esty. Just know your seller, Don’t fall for scams and lies, for example don’t buy no stupid blue raspberries (THEY DON’T EXIST, Closest thing are Black raspberry with a Bloom)

6) Wild Foraging (BEST SEEDS FOR YOUR CLIMATE!!!)
Plants are already adapted to your local climate & Enviornment. Survivablilty test Already Passed, now just select/breed for Flavor. If you have trouble Identifying Wild Plants, use

Plantnet : https://identify.plantnet.org/
For Identifying Wild Edibles. Take picture and the AI will tell you what it is. Not 100% Accurate but most times good enough, especially accurate down to genus.

Inaturalist : Genus Perilla · iNaturalist
Also for Identifying Wild Edibles but with Map Feature! So can know where the plant you want to harvest grows.

PlantsForAFuture : Perilla frutescens Shiso, Beefsteakplant, Spreading Beefsteak Plant PFAF Plant Database
To know what’s Edible about the Wild Plant you found!

Library genensis : http://libgen.rs/
If link doesn’t work, find another torrnet. This Website is Useful when Researching Wild Edibles, Gardening, and Breeding Books. So you know how to Identify Wild Edibles. All Ebooks are free to download and read, just type the title or author you want to find the book for.

Searching for Phylogenic Trees on DuckDuckGo, Bing, Google, or Brave Search
to find out what is crossable with what. This Literally tells you the Evolutionary history of the plants you are trying to landrace. For example type in your Browser (Diospyros Phylogenic Tree).
Hint Scientific names yeild better phylogenic tree results!

If you have any Other Websites or ways to obtain seeds that would help Landracing projects, Let me and our Community know!

8 Likes