Does anyone have any of Shane Simonsen's hybrid canna seed available, and can ship to the US?

Hello! I wanted to buy some from him directly, but it seems he can only ship within Australia now. I really want to grow his hybrid canna, and it was following his blog/podcast that led me here in the first place. I know he has shipped it all over the world, so if anyone has any and is willing to ship to the US let me know and I will gladly pay for it!

1 Like

I’m growing out his seedlings at the moment and just transplanted them to the field. If they make seed this year im happy to try sending you some.

3 Likes

Thanks so much, I’d really appreciate it! Definitely let me know. When do you expect them to set seed, if they’re going to?

Hopefully we can get a wide sampling of diversity in here that’s adapted to multiple locations

1 Like

The seedlings are just 3 months old so I don’t expect them to flower until the end of the year, but I’ll let you know for sure :slight_smile:

Thanks, I will look forward to it!

1 Like

Some are flowering! So maybe there will be a tiny bit of seeds. Most have red floweres but one has gorgeous yellow spotted flowers.

3 Likes

I would also be interested in seeds for my own canna project, if there are enough.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for letting me know! How exciting :slight_smile: Hopefully you get some seed. I will be happy to pay shipping and extra.

2 Likes

1 Like

Very pretty! Hopefully you get at least a couple, though I understand if you want them for your own landrace first.

1 Like