Going To Seed Zoom Podcast with Joseph, Holly, and Shane

Joseph has been interviewing guests, @ShaneS has been editing and thumbnails, getting interviewed and creating some new ones that will appear hear. Thanks to everybody making this happen!

Catch up with these if you haven’t seen them, and future ones will be posted here.

Shane Simonson

Kelly Winterton

David the Good

William Whitson

6 Likes

Will these podcasts only be available on Youtube, or will they eventually also be distributed through the regular podcast channels? I cannot find them on neither Spotify nor my regular podcast app. Needing to have a video open really limits when I can listen to these.

1 Like

Hello Han. YouTube won’t let me download thé content. There are apps for that. One i know is NewPipe.

Next Podcast:

Mark Reed will discuss:

• Broccolish
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • All things Garden

Saturday
September 9th
3 PM Mountain Time

2 Likes

Monthly Live Podcast:
Promiscuous Tomatoes with William Clark Schlegel
Sat, October 14, 3pm MDT

William-Schlegel-400

William Schlegel is my closest collaborator on the Beautifully Promiscuous and Tasty Tomatoes project. We frequently communicate about it, and share seeds and photos. I’m really looking forward to our conversation.

William is an educator and botanist. As an educator he loves to teach students about botany, plant breeding, seeds, and the natural world. As a botanist he is fascinated by the conservation of plants and the effects of climate change on sustainable food systems. He sees plant breeding as a way citizen scientists can help adapt their communities to climate change. He is furthest along on plant breeding projects with tomatoes and fava beans.

Zoom: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Bio:

GoingToSeed:

Open Source Plant Breeding Forum:

Facebook:

2 Likes

I’ve got a shitty connection, can’t do zoom really , but i’m confident i can listen to it soon through youtube. Keep thèm coming!

Seconding this request. It would be lovely if this podcast was available through various podcast channels. I believe most podcast players just need an RSS feed.

We are working towards wider distribution.

2 Likes

Going To Seed Podcast
November 2023

Hosts: Joseph Lofthouse & Shane Simonsen

Guest: Evan Sofro

Evan Sofro is a nomadic gardener/ artist musician/ psychonaught / bio-pheliac, ecosystem steward and explorer of freedom. He spent 17 years exploring ecosystem stewardship with a specialization in seed conservation and sustainable/ bio-regionally adapted agriculture and arid lands dry farming. He has worked on and with over a hundred farms in us, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Ecuador and Peru.

Former farm manger of native Seed-search conservation farm in Patagonia Arizona. Onsen farms and the River Farm in southern Idaho. Evan currently resides in the Klamath Siskiyou bio region.

Evan and I share a deep love for our common mentor Bill McDorman from native Seed-Search, and the Heritage Grain Trials. The promiscuous tomato project thrived under Evans supervision at the River Farm in Idaho. We spent many days together planting, nurturing, and harvesting tomatoes, grains, and melons.

Evan inspired me to learn to play guitar, and to have more fun in the garden: Even to howl at the full moon. Evan’s influence deeply influenced my path in life, and what I wrote in Landrace Gardening.

This episode also includes guest appearances by Lee-Ann Hill, Bill McDorman, and John Cassia.
https://www.seedsave.org/heritage-grain-alliance/

https://tools.applemediaservices.com/podcast-episode/1000635128371

3 Likes

Thank you for posting this. I love the energy in this latest episode. :green_heart:

1 Like

Would it be possible to post the next podcast guest before the podcast gets recorded so we can look them up and submit questions for the upcoming guest?

Also, now that we have the Discord, we could ask the guests if they’d be interested in a Live Q&A over there following the podcast’s airing so folks could ask more questions. I’m sure not all guests would be into that, but some might. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For @ShaneS

Also the Padraic Flood podcast is really interesting, nice job Shane! Somebody post a link because I’m finishing up a grant and can’t get distracted.

1 Like

Yes! This one was super interesting! Hubs immediately asked if we’re now going to need to find aardacker seeds to grow… :sweat_smile:

1 Like