Increasing Community Seed Returns-- Ideas

I’m not sure how I would start it, I’m also not sure how many people would be interested? How did GTS Start?

BOOM, BINGO, EXACTLY That’s the root of this problem. I think there’s a 80/20 rule going on here & the Bigger GTS Gets the stronger this rule becomes.

No but Neighbors might see it & maybe some Karen will be to nosy. Plus Deer here aren’t scared of anything, they are too comfortable here.

Never Tried this but from everyone else I’ve heard try this, it works temporarily but then the deer outsmart it, thus becomes a runaway Cat & Mouse game of constantly trying to outsmart the deer knowing well they will outsmart it. They can’t outsmart no food being present, bad tasting plants, Bone sauce or a SUPER THICK living fence (Without a backdoor entrance).

Depends on how stinky & potent it is. Plus Rain washing away the smell is another concern & If Deer are desperate enough they will ignore it.

Agreed, so maybe it wasn’t quite crap soil (However it was thick clay where Blackberries grew). Indeed the seedlings were thriving, probably because they were alreadt rotting/germianting inside grocery store squash, which disinterested the squirrels cuz germinating/half-rotten seeds taste bad to them.

Theoretically all Imature Luffa is edible so long as they’re not bitter (The Bitter taste is the Toxicity part, And it’s LOUD in Cucurbitace/Gourd Family).

Oh wow, I didn’t expect this. I was thinking of Uploading every seed you save at the grocery store to that channel, might be a useful resource as I’m still working on the script.

1 Like