The Goingtoseed wishlist thread

That could be useful. This dumb country is so big it might need to be broken into quite a few regions, like I imagine the other continents. I suppose it would depend whether we want regions for shipping purposes or climate relatability.

If for climate, we could put a setting for Hardiness Zone and Köppen classifications.

I would be interested to know how much seed was collected for the grexes. Either the bulk amounts (like weight) or number of packets. I’d be fine with this being at the end of the year or after the packets are sold out for the year.

1 Like

For me I put Europe, Spain 9b.

When I search for Köppen classifications it says that Spain is the most climatically diverse country in Europe with 13 different Köppen climates.

1 Like

Yes, totally. Maybe to do a preorder of the packages with some type of a system, and then you can modify the sizes of the packages depending of the people available. I suppose more the better with a minimum package size, so you never are left out with seed. Maybe if there is a species with a low seed count you can ask the community for donations.

This would be really cool hype for all of us to see. “This year we received 2lb of tomato seeds, 6lb of [variety] squash, etc. and sent out # of tomato packets, # of onions,” and so on. I’d love to see those numbers if only so we can see where we might want to concentrate more of our growing efforts to bump the seed quantities up if needed or mellow out if we’re all concentrating too much in one area.

2 Likes

@anna

I can certainly share the info about the number of packets / weight of seeds collected. I’ll gather this for the last two years and post in the community and/or website.

3 Likes