Tomato Grow Out Possibility for Going to Seed?!

Hand hoed two gardens and a part of a third and direct seeded quite a bit of Lofthouse Promiscuous wild cross tomatoes!

I direct seeded about 210 row feet of tomato seed from Joseph’s promiscuous tomato project. 70 row feet of The One! 10 row feet of R18 and 130 row feet of a mix which included a variety including XL reds, bicolor which turned red or pink after being planted next to the XL strain the prior year. A few bicolor exserted favorites from prior direct seeding efforts. The panamorous direct seeded project was included. I used two isolation gardens for the direct seedings.

In a third garden which also has some unrelated transplants I planted 70 row feet of my Mission Mountain Morning, The One!, Little Pumpkins, and Mission Mountain Sunrise grex as saved mixed from last year in the hopes of finding some last-ditch crosses. Though such crosses may also show up potentially in this year’s The One! direct seeded block.

Seedlings in the second flat are germinating- all four types. I plan to plant a few of the seedlings in planters that usually have tomatoes. The rest will go into one of the gardens.