Winowing is a legal high

Just back in from processing harvested seed.
I grew some rocket salad from a French grower who sells seed he grows without watering his plants. Quite the feature since he’s located in one of Européens hottest dry spots.
I hoped to incorporate these genetics into the perenial rocket salad i grow. It turned out differently. The Brassica family has tricked me. This annual variety has nothing to do with the perennial wild variety.
I was taken by surprise how juicy it’s texture was so decided to save seed anyway.

I dried it in an old van the farmer keeps for spare parts. Wasps live in them i hope to use them again, but their nests get bigger during summer so i tried to get all those seeds out with wasps were inspecting what this creature did.

The job seemed like hours! Seed pods grew everywhere, not just on the tops. It was a gigantic mess i had to sort through, cracking every seed pod on a bench letting seeds drop down on a tarp.

Winnowing was fun, i like it more every time. It’s hypnoticing moving these seeds while blowing. I got really oxygenated and felt high and happy while listening to great music. Great reward after the misery.

I managed to harvest 78 grams out of 1 gram i started with. But there are small white worms in there!

4 Likes

That’s great!

(Except for the worms. Are you planning to freeze cycle the seeds?)

Winnowing really is relaxing. It’s something simple that takes very little focus, and it feels so cool to look at what you’ve accomplished at the end. You can clearly see what you’ve received. All those beautiful seeds!

:sweat_smile:
Need some “Winnowing is a Legal High” GTS merch…

:tshirt: :billed_cap: