Today: Joseph interviews William DeMille on Landrace gardening, year round Wallipini gardening, and Soil health

February 12, 2023
11:00 am Pacific Standard Time, 2:00 pm Eastern

Monthly ZOOM call will feature William DeMille, of Wells, Nevada, on Landrace gardening, year round Wallipini gardening, and Soil health.

William DeMille is a lifelong vegetable farmer. He studied 2 years of Horticulture and Agronomy at Northwest Missouri University, Maryville. He holds two certificates in aquaponic engineering and production from Cornell University, NY, and from GrowHaus Aquaponics CO, and also graduated from Dr. Elaine’s Soil Food Web School and Healing Mountain Massage School. William is a farm consultant helping establish various agricultural startups since 2005 in Missouri, Oregon, Colorado, Utah and Nevada. He specializes in the education of food production and soil health. William is the Director of Georgic Development for Monticello College, Ut. He manages 2500 acres of grassland for the Ruby Mountain Foods Company where the highest quality grass finished beef is raised. During the shutdowns of covid 19 he built a solar greenhouse that he now manages and it feeds 20 people approximately 80% of their food. He is developing new vegetable varieties and breeding them for the high elevations of the intermountain west. In 2021 he started his own grass roots school at his home in Clover Valley Nevada teaching soil health and vegetable production which trains people how to grow food without fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides etc… It includes a 3 day Boot Camp class for all ages. For college aged students he teaches an advanced 17 week class each summer to train new farmers in vegetable production. William owns and operates a soil testing laboratory and has a YouTube channel about farming. He is growing his Patreon channel helping people grow food, and holds a weekly free online Q&A on Thursday evenings. William lives with his wife Vernie Lynn DeMille in the snow capped mountains of Northern Nevada. They homeschooled their 4 children, have one grandchild, and they are both Massage Therapists. William loves family, art, gardening, teaching, horses, Dutch oven cooking, rodeo, mechanics, ice skating, writing and listening to audio books.

Going to Seed - Landrace Gardening ZOOM call link:

You can learn more about William here:
https://www.georgicrevolution.com/

Joseph Lofthouse and Holly T. Hansen will co-host the call.

Joseph and Holly visited William and his Wallipini February 2nd enjoying sunshine and greens with 3’ of snow on the ground outside. You will be inspired by William’s work come prepared to learn and ask questions.

4 Likes

I’m so excited about this 2023 change in the monthly zoom call format.

Joseph Lofthouse and Holly Hansen will be co-hosting the calls, and inviting a guest speaker every month. You could think of it like their podcast…

I’ve had a great time participating these, getting a lot of your questions answered, and now I’m so happy they are taking over the reins and I get to join as a participant.

5 Likes

This was a great presentation! Off to a good start with the new format.

1 Like

Until clocks change, I’ll be trying to join in. How long before the official start time can we join?

We try to be online 1/2 hour before the official start time. This gives us time for a tech-check, and chit-chat.

1 Like

Thank you Joseph.

@hollyhock have you shared the recording of this yet? I was sad to miss it.

Here is a link to the recording from the 12th. Let me know if you have any issues, I’ve never publicly shared a zoom link before.

2 Likes

Seems to work very well! Thanks for sharing it.

Debbie

Works! Thank you.

That link gives me:

This recording does not exist.

1 Like

I get the same result as Justin - recording does not exist!

2 Likes

Any chance you could re share the link? I would love to watch this if possible! It appears thta the content was moved or is missing as it goes to a page stating this recording does not exist.

2 Likes