Course on Making Your own Soil Amendments starting March 4

Hi Everyone, FYI,
This can be an easy way of getting nutrients back into the soil from kitchen waste, in addition to chop and drop. Sharing this because I like his take on making amendments from scratch at home with stuff some of us can’t compost d/t arid conditions, zoning restrictions etc. Also good for soil that needs to be built up rather than trucked in for those building new growing areas on reclaimed concrete or subsoil, disease mitigation etc. The book and videos are available. The course can be helpful for discussion and explanation.

Spring is Around the Corner!

Sustainable, Regenerative Grower’s Workshop Series

Starts on Saturday March 4th

In this innovative program, Nigel Palmer, author of

“The Regenerative Grower’s Guide To Garden Amendments” , will present immediately actionable, sustainable, regenerative skills to enhance your garden soil ecosystem and improve the quality of the food grown there.

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Enroll

Each class will include an interactive presentation, a demonstration making a biological or mineral amendments using local ingredients and kitchen tools with plenty of time for your questions and answers. Classes are designed to accommodate the introductory needs of the novice as well as detailed information wanted by the experienced grower. Learn to nurture the entire ecosystem.

Share experiences with people from around the world

Live Zoom Workshop

Review class recordings later if unable to attend

This zoom program starts Saturday, March 4th

and continues for five consecutive Saturdays

10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern Time

Class Dates

March 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th and April 1st

Click here for PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Enroll

There will be reading assignments from the book “The Regenerative Grower’s Guide to Garden Amendments”

Purchase Book Link

Reviews From Prior Series

“Coming from a farming background with not a lot of scientific experience I found everything [in the workshop] to be not only clear but really helpful in removing barriers that had made more science-heavy books/articles/etc. feel over my head. I feel excited to dig in deeper! (Pun intended).”

“As someone who has only been dabbling in my garden for a long time, I did have a feeling of anxiety prior to taking this class, feeling that I was in over my head. However, … Nigel really explained everything in detail that was approachable and meaningful. I might not have the knowledge base that others had in the class, but this was almost a moot point. I definitely got so much out of these sessions.”
More Reviews
Follow Us
Follow on YouTube
860-764-9070

The cost is $225.

The book is much less and the videos on youtube are free. Folks go to the course for the discussions and connections.

Ah, I was put off by the dead YT link on the website. Thanks for getting me to look for the channel: https://www.youtube.com/@nigelpalmer3439/videos
Some interesting stuff to check out there.

Also a list of podcast interviews he’s done at https://www.nigel-palmer.com/podcasts
for those who prefer to listen.

1 Like

I know what you mean, I always wonder if a course is worth it, when there is a book at a regular price and free videos. If it looks like (1) I can make back the cost of the course and (2) I really want to dig in and ask questions and discuss, then maybe.