Got the seeds today

Yay thanks @anna got them today, theyre so professional looking, good job to all the stewards. Now i wish it was march :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ohh, how lovely! Mine emailed me today from California, they should hit the border soon. I’m braiding my fingers and toes that they’ll cross without issue.

4 Likes

I am so, so looking forward to a “fukuoka grab bag” thread this summer.

2 Likes

ya, i do wonder how much of it is just dust :slight_smile: do seeds really get that small? I plan on planting however much extra space I have with it. 1/2 or so in march, and 1/2 at the last frost date

2 Likes

I got mine too! Me and my husband stared at all the pretty colored seeds for a very, very long time inspecting every one. Can’t wait till spring, sooo excited! By the time I figured out how to get in to the store all watermelon seeds were gone, crossing fingers for next year though.

1 Like

Those look great. Seed envie is upon me.

I know what you mean about the pretty seeds! I’m stoked about all these different colors of beans, especially the ones with beautiful patterns. I’m really, really hoping my favorites will grow well here, so I can have loads of them every year.

Does anybody know if the hot weather beans grex is mostly bush or mostly vining? It will make a difference to where I plant them in my garden.

2 Likes

These are the ones that I’m most excited about:

Tepary beans:

• Pink.
  • Purple.
  • White with golden patches.

Common beans:

• Pink with red speckles.
  • White with dark tan patches and black speckles.
  • Ooh, Calypso! I even know this variety’s name, because I’ve been eyeing it!

Runner beans:

• Black with purple speckles.
  • Dark brown with tan speckles.
  • Purple with black speckles.

Fava beans:

• Purples.
  • Reddish browns.
  • The big old massive light green ones.

Can you tell I like interesting colors and patterns? :smiley:

I also got some pretty runner beans and Christmas lima beans from my neighbor down the street, which is especially exciting because she saved her own seeds, and she’s been growing them for years. Those, I’m pretty sure I can trust to do well!

I also got my hands on some pinto beans that were locally grown, so I’m guessing they’ll be good in my soil, too.

I’m excited to try all of these beans. This year, I plan to go crazy with beans!

2 Likes

I just got mine up north here!

These are the biggest runner bean seeds I’ve ever seen.

I, too, have a fondness for huge green favas.

It’s the fukuoka grab bag that’s most exciting to me though, there are so many bits!

2 Likes