Request for photographic contribution for members

For the GTS event this fall in Antibes France, we wish to build some documents.

In order to make this documents very informative for visitors who will be able to read it and encourage them to join us in the GTS adventure, we need all of you.

We would like you to post here, each 2 photos:

• a first (European only) that illustrates your place of culture (vegetable garden, fields, pots on balconies…etc.) where we see in the background the environments of cultures specific to your region (the mountain, the sea, the city, the forest, the cold or arid conditions…)

This first picture will be used to create the visual of the map that will show the geographical distribution of members with the travel of the serendipity seed swap (EU version).
This document show what makes this network so strong: our diversity and the work of adaptation that is linked to it

• a second (or more if you have worked well, members of all countries) that illustrates the most unlikely plant that appeared in your growing space (a particularly beautiful cross, a giant or dwarf shape, a new vegetable color, the only grex plant surviving due to a growing problem…)

This second picture will be used to create a slide show that will be shown on the stand and will provide an understanding of the work of adaptation gardening.
Show what adaptive, crossed, variable plants are … in the landrace so that visitors can better visualize the concept.

Thank you for your participation in order to make the realization of these documents easier, and avoid browsing again your thousands of posts all so exciting ! :pray: :earth_africa: :green_heart:

4 Likes

@JesseI
@malterod
@Hekseringen
@Tanjaeskildsen
@Richard
@mare.silba
@marcela_v
@ThomasPicard
@Hugo
@isabelle
@Susanwakeman
@Chloe.G
@mtttthwww_vdp
@polarca
@Soeren
@Logan
@ChrisF
@seedsaver
@eArthur

1 Like

I don’t know if I grow something which shouldn’t grow there. Except for a plant fruiting someone gave me which should grow in the tropics normally. But I do not do breedingwork on it, so i do not see how that would contribute more than a picture like this.

They’re just quick snapshots, but recent, so I could try to make it look stylish.

4 Likes

My eggplant landrace, “Sorte ravne” (Black Ravens), started 2009, and harvested out of the garden ever since.

My shady garden on the eastern edge of a wood. Soil is shared with the roots of oaks and other trees.

7 Likes

Spontaneity is great!

Danish eggplant, here’s something that will intrigue people! thank you

3 Likes

good idea stephane, if I wait a few more days, my GTS quinoa row will be flowering, with various colours. spectacular.
I also have some arachis plants , less visually impressive because they are small.
and three rows of niébé + mil
I will program a reminder in my phone to make these pictures

what is your deadline ? .

1 Like

As a rank newbie, I have nothing that fits the criteria, having not really even started yet. But I took these pictures and you can use them as some kind of filler if you wish. Now I’m working on sharing them as second photos, since being American I can’t post a first photo, just know the first photo is really a second photo and go from there.

I just planted random corn around in some bare patches and this grew, no idea what is going on there. That clump of corn is from one seed.

I guess in landrace style, I’m letting this squash figure this one out on its own. I guess if it lives and overcomes then it’s good seed to save.

I think this is a gogi berry, I planted it late spring, and it is blooming now. Do they really bloom late summer or do they just bloom all season? Anyway, it surprised me. I aquired it on sale at the end of planting season, then left it sitting for a couple weeks more before getting it in the ground. That it even lived was a bit of a surprise, and then it’s blooming too!

6 Likes

Looks like goji. Mine bloom all season. They seem to prefer neglect.

1 Like

My perfect plant, :wink:

1 Like

for the deadline, mid-September would be perfect because we need time to do the infographics with all the other things to settle about the event.
If the Europeans can be a little faster it’s great because the card will require a little more work. :wink:

Thank you for your participation in all even beginners, because this is also our diversity of advancement.

Photo 1: I can’t access my photo library at the moment, so this is the best I could find of the school garden atm showing the urban landscape:

Alt Photo 1: Chef students select for flavor and ease of use in kitchen

Photo 2: White variegated leaf from the perennial kale population

Photo 2: I took this picture of @polarca 's pole beans. I think it just looks wonderful

6 Likes

Great urban place, thank you!

If we could have this type of bean with the fava beans and peas hugo to present on the table, in decoration would be magnificent!
we could make a nice mandala, or we suspend them 1 by 1 as you suggested to make a colored grain cloud above the stand :smile:

1 Like

Finland

Not necessarily a special fava, but they generally have amazing colour, sheen/lustre when fresh

3 Likes

very green place! it makes you want to create a new concept…garden’s exchange for holidays…

2 Likes

It is very hard to choose, but let me try …

Permaculture homestead in the woods - Poland

Some diversity of squash from the homestead

and

Urban terrace in the city of Warsaw, Poland

Diversity of micro dwarf tomatoes grown on the terrace.

Out of topic, here is a short, most recent video from the terrace, for those who are interested:

8 Likes

yes hard to choose but if we end up with too much data we will get lost

What a beautiful place full of chlorophyll again!
great the beginning of video by traveling in google maps, it gives ideas for slideshow.

Friends of the south…we want to show arid and dry environments too :desert:

Thanks Stephane, if you need pictures of something specific (seeds, yields, garden beds, etc) , please let me know, I might have better ones than those above.

1 Like

6 Likes

Tropicals like bananas, bottle gourds and asian long beans thriving in the Mallorca heat.
And red fleshed apples producing despite very little chill hours

8 Likes