Request for photographic contribution for members

Surprising perennials such as air potatoes, lab lab beans, some lima beans, some pigeoen peas and morrenia odorata producing well in a mediterrean climate

5 Likes

super ! the photos of your squash population are very beautiful with a very pastel color range…maybe an adaptation to high UV degrees…

do you have a wide shot photo of your garden, with the dry landscape behind, like as your video ?

1 Like

I can take a few next time I go, now is a good time to see how dry it really is😅

tirs. 13. aug. 2024 kl. 18.38 skrev stephane_rave via Going to Seed <notifications@goingtoseed.discoursemail.com>:

1 Like

Maybe cucumber pic is better. Can we upload many for you to pick from?

5 Likes

for the photo of the garden please make only one photo because it is a card that will be illustrated with little space available

for crops, vegetables… several are possible but please select what you prefer so as not to have to upload 50,000 photos in a slideshow

You can pick which one(s) you would add to the slideshows impact. I’ve got full faith you know what would make for a captivating/ hypnotizing slide show. If there’s one that stands out for that purpose, great.
But if you find that difficult why not make people have a say.
For me it’s early season. Only few things have delivered.
I’ll try doing a better job of taking a nice picture in future.
I hope today to visit my neighbor to get an updated pic of the main garden plot. The old one is three years old.

4 Likes

Great point of view! you are on a roof ?
your picture quality is superb don’t worry

1 Like

Here’s a new one. Becoming a food forest.

So pastures and forests.

2 Likes

Mix of bush bean seeds from my 2024 garden. Offspring of seeds from Finland, France, Poland, Spain and Sweden.

4 Likes

beautiful staging! with such beautiful photos the slideshow will be hypnotizing… :face_with_spiral_eyes:
the power of image to serve the community ! :star_struck:

1 Like

don’t lose the thread…I raise again

a little help with more pictures?
this document will be built above all to help the association shine stronger in Europe, pioneer Americans please help us…for more recognition, more visibility with the objective of more adherents so more seeds and more adaptation projects in the coming years !

1 Like

here are mine

the garden : south shore of brittany (finistere sud) 600 square meters , 10min walk distant from the sea, but well protected by high trees

GTS QUINOA flowering

niébé flowering alongside mil that has a hard time this year due to insufficient heat

beautifull phaseolus coccineus due to mild temperatures

flowering arachis year 2 in brittany

niébé/mil companionship

1 Like

climbing beans landrace

bush beans landrace

lentils landrace

4 Likes

thanks isabelle,
great pictures of rainbow beans! I don’t know if it is because it looks like candy but all these colorful grains always make me happy to see :slightly_smiling_face:

Not sure if these will help, but you’re welcome to use them. Kansas, USA

Only melon survivor, no mulch, clay soil, no water May to mid August. Temperatures often above 100 F (38 C). Starting to bloom.

One of 12 tomato survivors, the only one to bloom and fruit under the same conditions.

Seedling apricot, 2nd summer. Same conditions but mulched lightly.

1 Like

Do you know if that melon was a variety or a cross?

And if it’s a variety would you know which?

Some mix of cantaloupe varieties, with a small chance there might be some honeydew mixed in. Most likely 3 or 4 varieties of cantaloupe.

1 Like

Hopefully it gives you some fruit and seeds!
I had one like that last year but unfortunately the rodents found it before I realised it had fruit.

Thanks Lauren for these images of dry environments, it will help people understand that plant genetics have limits always ready to be pushed !

1 Like

Dry bean harvest, cold tolerance test, planted early February (normal planting date is April to May). Tolerated saturated clay soil, cold and heat.

Popcorn, dry garden, no water May to mid August, clay soil, no mulch, no fertilizer.

2 Likes