Seed Sieves

Hello everyone. Saving seed is integral to landracing, so obviously we’re all spending a lot of time handling seed and the many kinds of pods, capsules, fruit and what not.

I’m looking for larger seed sieves with more mesh sizes. Can you recommend any? What sieves do you use yourself to sort seed? What would your dream seed sieve set be like?

Ha! I saw a post from you on Facebook an hour or two ago and thought of this thread: Screen Source?

1 Like

Thanks Chris, that’s a helpful thread if I were to build my own.

A nice set would be useful, but I’d probably start with dropping by my local thrift stores and seeing what kinds of sieves I could find for cheap that had different size screens.

1 Like

I got that kit from Amazon, works OK, just be careful when changing screens, push the rims not thé screen itself or it will damage it a bit.

I’ve got high space for drying herbs and seeds. Made from hazel branches and i pull it up with ropes and a simple round eye screw fixed high up un the wooden beams. Seeds fall through screens, so i use cardboardboxes i taped the holés of

Screens made of scrapwood and hardwarestore screens.

And some stationary drying space in my kitchen area.

2 Likes

Nice setup!

I tend to dry seeds on my desk. I could probably stand to be a little bit more organized. :wink: