Video garden tour

This topic is meant for people that want to show other members their project. Video walk through provides extra feeling than just a picture.
I tried not to wobble too much and keep the tempo up. I’ve done nothing fancy, just my phone recording and a list of plants I grow. I apologize in advance to people with higher technical standards.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hupSYKLC0n4

part 2

hoop house

5 Likes

Super initiative!

1 Like

Nice visit, thank you! Which zone are you in? Is it Auvergne?

Your trick against snails: Is it half cut plastic bottles with lid open, that you put on top of your bean plant?

Hi Heksenringen. Morvan is a natural park in Burgundy not Auvergne.
The trick with the beans is cut off bottles with open ends. When it’s cold and rainy and the snails are out, less of them will find the entrance. But some do and then they’re trapped inside! So it requires some checking. But it works well. As a mini greenhouse it functions as well, until sun is out. Then I take them off.
It works best with quite lose soil and sturdy bottles. Best cut them off with a fresh Stanley knife along the bottom line there’s usually a straight ridge.
They last a couple of seasons.

Oh yes of course! I know well Morvan and now I realize it is also in your nickname. I didn’t take the time to check your profile to see where you were located.

Thanks for the trick for snails, I’m going to see if I can replicate it where I am, it would be great.

I made a new video today so thought I’d drop a link here. It’s about some beans we found in the back garden last year.
Interspecies Beans

3 Likes

I really like the idea of folks posting videos of what’s going on in their gardens, so since I have a little YouTube anyway, I made a little follow-up about the interspecies beans.
Interspecific bean cross 2

1 Like